Today is the official release of my latest psychological thriller – THE LAST RESORT. It takes place on a remote island, so of course I had to do some proper island research to get a feel for the isolation, the landscape, the vegetation, the weather and whatever potentially creepy ruins might be uncovered on the way. We travelled to the Isles of Scilly in August 2019 to celebrate our tenth wedding anniversary (and like the characters in the book, we ended up stranded, as the Scillonian ferry broke down!) The layout of my fictional island of Nirrik is based on the uninhabited island of Samson. Most of the photos below are from Samson, but there are a few from the other islands too. If you’ve read the book, you might recognise some of these locations. If not, then I hope they inspire you to pick it up!
- More research – here’s what sparked me to think about the memory tracking devices
- The title comes from The Eagles song – The Last Resort
- The book was Harrogate International Festival’s Book of The Month for November
- You can win a copy via The Sun’s Fabulous Mag, who’ve described it as “A slightly mad but totally compelling (and twisted) thriller”
- I’ll be having an online launch tonight – 1st Dec – at 19:30 GMT live on the Crime Waves You Tube Channel
- You can buy the book HERE
- Huge thanks to everyone who has already read and left a review!